A blog post about every single episode of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer and Angel, the Series? I must be crazy, right?
Eh, probably. Deal with it.
This idea was a whim I had actually a few years ago, and I was thinking about it again today, and about how livetweeting a Buffy rewatch wouldn’t probably stick very long, but doing blog posts about each episode might. And then I thought, “I should just do it. No one else is going to, and no one else probably would even be interested in doing it at this point, or if they are interested, they probably won’t do it the way you would anyway,” and then I was mid-shift on a very, very early Friday morning, figuring out how I’d do this crazy thing.
So, here are the rules:
- There must be a blog post about every episode. Even the ones I hate.
- Each post must be completed and published before I can watch the next episode
- The episode guide posted on The Watcher’s Council will be used to determine which episodes go in which order when I get to the part where Buffy and Angel run concurrently.
- Two-part episodes (such as “What’s My Line?”) will be viewed as a single episode.
- Spoilers are fair game. This is a rewatch, I’m going to assume that most of my readers, like me, already know what’s going to happen. Let me just repeat that: SPOILERS ARE FAIR GAME.
I may add more rules as the need arises, or amend current rules, but this seems like a fairly solid place to start.
The content of the posts is probably going to vary. I’m envisioning a kind of a review vibe, but more in the “let’s talk about themes, character arcs, and plot development” kind of way than in a cinematic kind of way.
Well, I have no idea what’s going to happen next, but I’m excited to find out!